My name is Nada Pejnović, I was born in 1957 in Warsaw, Poland, I live in Belgrade, Serbia. I am a medical doctor with PhD in pathophysiology/immunology. I do research in immunology with a focus on immunoregulation in autoimmune and metabolic diseases.
- 2019- Research professor, Department of Immunology, Institute for Biological Research “Siniša Stanković” (IBISS), University of Belgrade
- 2019- Collaborator in the project “Molecular mechanisms of physiological and pharmacological modulation of inflammation and cancer”, funded by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Serbia (IBISS)
- 2011-2018 Professor, Department of Pathophysiology, Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Kragujevac
- 2014-2017 Collaborator in the Swiss Science Foundation SCOPES project “Galectin-3 in the pathogenesis of type 2 diabetes: role in ß-cell proliferation, insulin secretion and anti-inflammatory mechanisms in the pancreatic islets”
- 2012 Principal investigator, Faculty of Medical Sciences (FMN), University of Kragujevac: JP 07-12 “Investigation of the role of galectin-3 in metabolic dysfunction and inflammation in a mouse model of induced obesity and type 2 diabetes mellitus using a high fat diet”
- 2014 Principal investigator Faculty of Medical Sciences (FMN), University of Kragujevac: JP 07-14 “The role of Interleukin-33 and Galektin-3 in inflammation in patients with symptomatic carotid artery stenosis”.
- 2007-2010 Pathophysiologist, Institute of Rheumatology, University of Belgrade
- 2002-2007 Postdoctoral studies (Wellcome Trust) in the Department of Biochemical Pharmacology, WHRI, Queen Mary’s School of Medicine, University of London, UK on projects: “Characterization of T Cell Subsets During HIV Infection” funded by the Scottish Executive Health Department, UK , “The Role of Natural Killer T (NKT) Cells in Psoriasis” funded by the Wellcome Trust, UK, “The Role of T Cells in Atherosclerosis” funded by the British Heart Foundation, UK
- 1999-2002 Wellcome Trust Traveling Research Fellow, Department of Medical Microbiology, Barts and The London, Queen Mary’s School of Medicine, University of London, UK on the project “T Cell Subsets in Inflammation”
- 2002 Professor of Pathophysiology/Immunology, Military Medical Academy, Belgrade
- 1996-1999 Head, Department of Clinical and Experimental Immunology, Institute for Medical Research, MMA, Belgrade
- 1993 Doctoral dissertation in immunology (PhD)
- 1988 Specialist in Pathophysiology, Institute for Medical Research, MMA, Belgrade
- 1986 Master’s thesis in immunology
- 1985-1988 Specialization in Pathophysiology, Institute for Medical Research, Military Medical Academy, Belgrade
- 1982 Medical Doctor, Faculty of Medicine, University of Belgrade
- Reviewer of papers in Clinical Rheumatology, Cytokine, American Journal of Pharmacy Benefits, American Journal of Managed Care, Clinical and Experimental Pharmacology and Physiology, Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity, Biomedicine & Pharmacotherapy, Cellular Immunology, J Neuroinflammation, Mechanisms of Aging and Development , Archives of Biological sciences
- President of the Immunological Society of Serbia
- Member of the Scientific Committee of the European Congress of Immunologists, which will be held in 2021 in Belgrade
- Owner of the consulting agency MEDIEDITOR – so far engaged in writing scientific papers for Merck Sharp Dohme (USA), Farmanova, Orthogen (Germany), Institute of Rheumatology in Belgrade, Clinic for Ophthalmology KCS
- Author and co-author in more than 60 papers (link https://orcid.org/0000-0002-2279-9197)
- Koprivica I, Gajić D, Pejnović N, Paunović V, Saksida T, Stojanović I. Ethyl Pyruvate Promotes Proliferation of Regulatory T Cells by Increasing Glycolysis. Molecules. 2020 Sep 9;25(18):E4112. doi: 10.3390/molecules25184112. PMID: 32916780.
- Gajić D, Saksida T, Koprivica I, Šenerović L, Morić I, Šavikin K, Menković N, Pejnović N, Stojanović I. Immunomodulatory activity and protective effects of chokeberry fruit extract on Listeria monocytogenes infection in mice. Food Funct. 2020 Sep 23;11(9):7793-7803. doi: 10.1039/d0fo00946f. PMID: 32808624.
- Šijan Gobeljić M, Milić V, Pejnović N, Damjanov N. Chemosensory dysfunction, Oral disorders and Oral health-related quality of life in patients with primary Sjögren’s syndrome: comparative cross-sectional study. BMC Oral Health. 2020 Jul 3;20(1):187. doi: 10.1186/s12903-020-01169-5. PMID: 32620111; PMCID: PMC7333297.
- Petrovic I, Pejnovic N, Ljujic B, Pavlovic S, Miletic Kovacevic M, Jeftic I, Djukic A, Draginic N, Andjic M, Arsenijevic N, Lukic ML, Jovicic N. Overexpression of Galectin 3 in Pancreatic β Cells Amplifies β-Cell Apoptosis and Islet Inflammation in Type-2 Diabetes in Mice. Front Endocrinol (Lausanne). 2020 Feb 7;11:30. doi: 10.3389/fendo.2020.00030. PMID: 32117058; PMCID: PMC7018709.
- Koprivica I, Gajic D, Saksida T, Cavalli E, Auci D, Despotovic S, Pejnovic N, Stosic-Grujicic S, Nicoletti F, Stojanovic I. Orally delivered all-trans-retinoic acid- and transforming growth factor-β-loaded microparticles ameliorate type 1 diabetes in mice. Eur J Pharmacol. 2019;864:172721. doi:10.1016/j.ejphar.2019.172721
- Stankovic M, Ljujic B, Babic S, Maravic-Stojkovic V, Mitrovic S, Arsenijevic N, Radak Dj, Pejnovic N, Lukic ML. IL-33/IL-33R in various types of carotid artery atherosclerotic lesions. Cytokine 2019;120:242-250. doi: 10.1016/j.cyto.2019.05.010
- Kovacevic MM, Pejnovic N, Mitrovic S, Jovicic N, Petrovic I, Arsenijevic N, Lukic ML, Ljujic B. Galectin-3 deficiency enhances type 2 immune cell-mediated myocarditis in mice. Immunol Res. 2018;66(4):491-502. doi: 10.1007/s12026-018-9013-8.
- Pejnovic N, Jeftic I, Jovicic N, Arsenijevic N, Lukic ML. Galectin-3 and IL-33/ST2 axis roles and interplay in diet-induced steatohepatitis. World J Gastroenterol. 2016; 22(44):9706-9717.
- Milosavljevic MZ, Jovanovic IP, Pejnovic NN, Mitrovic SL, Arsenijevic NN, Simovic Markovic BJ, Lukic ML. Deletion of IL-33R attenuates VEGF expression and enhances necrosis in mammary carcinoma. Oncotarget 2016;7(14):18106-15. doi: 10.18632/oncotarget.7635.
- Jovicic N, Jeftic I, Jovanovic I, Radosavljevic G, Arsenijevic N, Lukic ML, Pejnovic N. Differential Immunometabolic Phenotype in Th1 and Th2 Dominant Mouse Strains in Response to High-Fat Feeding. PLoS One. 2015;10(7):e0134089. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0134089.
- Jeftic I, Jovicic N, Pantic J, Arsenijevic N, Lukic ML, Pejnovic N. Galectin-3 Ablation Enhances Liver Steatosis, but Attenuates Inflammation and IL-33 Dependent Fibrosis in Obesogenic Mouse Model of Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis. Mol Med;21:453-65. doi: 10.2119/molmed.2014.00178.
- Lukic ML, Pejnovic N, Lukic A. New insight into early events in type 1 diabetes: role for islet stem cell exosomes. Diabetes 2014;63(3):835-7. doi: 10.2337/db13-1786.
- Jovanovic IP, Pejnovic NN, Radosavljevic GD, Pantic JM, Milovanovic MZ, Arsenijevic NN, Lukic ML. Interleukin-33/ST2 axis promotes breast cancer growth and metastases by facilitating intratumoral accumulation of immunosuppressive and innate lymphoid cells. Int J Cancer. 2014;134(7):1669-82. doi: 10.1002/ijc.28481.
- Pejnovic NN, Pantic JM, Jovanovic IP, Radosavljevic GD, Milovanovic MZ, Nikolic IG, Zdravkovic NS, Djukic AL, Arsenijevic NN, Lukic ML. Galectin-3 deficiency accelerates high-fat diet-induced obesity and amplifies inflammation in adipose tissue and pancreatic islets. Diabetes. 2013 Jun;62(6):1932-44. doi: 10.2337/db12-0222. Epub 2013 Jan 24. PMID: 23349493; PMCID: PMC3661611.
- Jovanovic IP, Pejnovic NN, Radosavljevic GD, Arsenijevic NN, Lukic ML. IL-33/ST2 axis in innate and acquired immunity to tumors. Oncoimmunology. 2012 Mar 1;1(2):229-231. doi: 10.4161/onci.1.2.18131. PMID: 22720252; PMCID: PMC3376988.
error: Content is protected !!